Tennis South Africa has announced the names of the 95 candidates who will take part in year two of the BNP Paribas Coaches Mentorship Programme.
The BNP Paribas mentorship programme aims at widening the demographic of registered coaches in South Africa, by creating more sustainable coaching opportunities for both black (Black African, Coloured or Indian) and female coaches. The programme is a one-year commitment for each coach.
Our tennis provinces had an opportunity to nominate individuals and it was also open to the public to submit applications directly to TSA. All applicants were required to fill out an application form and send through a CV, with a short motivation letter. There are 55 women and 40 men in the 2019/2020 intake and all nine provinces in South Africa are represented in the programme.
The mentorship programme covers:
- Sponsorship of the selected coaches' 2019 TSA Coaches Registration Fees,
- Skills/Training courses - covering: Child Protection, anti-doping, computer skills, business administration & first aid,
- Sponsorship to attend TSA coaching courses,
- Sponsorship to attend Provincial CPD (Continuous Professional Development) Workshops,
- Work integrated learning & practical experience to prepare for assessments - at either TSA accredited Centres of Apprenticeship or TSA Growthpoint Development Centres and
- Assistance with drafting CVs, as well as job placements (where possible) at the end of the year's programme.
For further details please contact [email protected].
Reflections from year one programme members: